With its products The Frosch brand focuses on the concept of natural ingredients from European producers and harnesses well proven household remedies such as vinegar, lemon and soda.
“Feel good eco-quality since 1986”: The combination of natural, highly efficient cleaning power together with environmental and skin-friendly properties make Frosch an eco-pioneer when it comes to cleaning and care.
Frosch has continuously expanded its know-how in the development and manufacture of environmentally compatible cleaning and washing agents over the past 31 years, and has leveraged this to create sustainable products.
FROSCH eco-quality is characterised by the following 9 aspects:
- Green Force Formula uses natural active ingredients to enhance cleaning and care properties.
- Only surfactants from renewable plant-based origin - with high and fast biodegradability - are used.
- Minimized use of preservatives and perfumes to guarantee advanced skin friendliness. Dermatologically tested.
- Free of Phosphate, Borate, Formaldehyde, EDTA and halogenorganic compounds.
- Minimized use of packaging materials and pioneering approach using recycled and recyclable materials to reduce the burden on the environment.
- Vegan, free from animal-derived ingredients.
- Sustainable and energy-conscious manufacturing at production sites with EMAS, ISO 50001 and A.I.S.E.-certified eco-management.
- Company-owned water treatment plant to ensure top-level hygienics of our products as well as best possible wastewater pre-treatment.
- More than 30 years of experience in developing and manufacturing environmentally friendly cleaning and personal care products.
In addition, Werner & Mertz is characterised by the following activities to protect the environment:
- Packaging is produced at the production site, which prevents additional transport and the related environmental pollution.
- The sites have a sophisticated system for recycling production waste. Here, waste prevention is the key issue.
- Werner & Mertz is constantly reducing its own energy consumption in the areas of production and management. In order to compensate for the remaining CO2 emissions, the company supports public institutions in terms of installing environmentally friendly energy systems, thereby ensuring CO2 neutrality. In cooperation with NABU (Germany's largest nature protection organisation) for instance, moors are being rewetted in order to bind a very large amount of CO2.
- The Werner & Mertz Head Office is distinguished by its exemplary energy concept. Using wind power, a photovoltaic installation and geothermal energy, the building produces more energy than it consumes during everyday operations. The company received the highest international award for sustainable building, the LEED Platinum certificate, for its newly constructed premises.